Tuesday 2 December 2008

Dear America,

I wish I was an American
because I'd have some pride
I wish I was an American
because I'd have some friends.

Dear America, please can I come stay for a while
My country is getting me down (things aren't working so well over here)
Sure our healthcare is great, and same for education,
But everyone is still very sad.
I see you on the teevee all the time and it excites me
at home all my politicians are dead
You're the land of opportunity, and I'd take full advantage.

I'd hang out with Sonic Youth in Brooklyn,
go take in some art.
Find some mid-west emo, and blues in the south
before going to L.A and
start a band and play at the smell.

In my country we have none of these
Everyone lies and copies each other
And then say the idea was theirs
People this this country is great but I ain't so sure,
maybe I'm missing something,
or maybe.

I wish I lived in America
because the people are nicer
and I know that doesn't mean they're always happy
but I could fit in.
I wish I lived in America,
I'd wear silver and blue
support the Dallas Cowboys
and not be sad anymore

No comments: